The Beacon Conference for Student Scholars at Two-Year Colleges
The Beacon Conference was established by mostly Honors faculty to recognize, celebrate, and showcase the academic achievements of outstanding students at community colleges in the mid-Atlantic region. It is held each year on the first Friday in June, and it encompasses a wide range of disciplines.
The 2016 Beacon Conference will be held on Friday, June 3, at Bergen Community College in Paramus, NJ. New in 2016: Engineering Technologies, and Information Technology/Gaming.
Hotel reservations at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Paramus, 601 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652. The Beacon Conference 2016 rate is $139 plus tax a night.
For more information about the Beacon Conference, please write to the Corresponding Secretary, Professor Michelle Iannuzzi-Sucich at email@example.com
- Students submit complete, mentored papers
- Submitted papers are ranked by professors according to the quality of scholarship and originality
- The top three papers in each category will be entered as a conference panel
- Four-year college professors serve as judges and they read the selected papers before the conference
- Student presenters are judged based on the paper (70%) and the quality of the oral presentation (30%)
- Panel winners and their mentors each receive are recognized a the final award ceremony and receive $100 awards
The conference is supported by institutional membership fees, and there is no individual registration fee for the students.
New members are welcome!